IS BACK!
earliest thing, "Maurice is back," POINT (as he said the "prince" to George Leonard GF10).
I received the grace to be subjected to a successful heart transplant surgery! In my heart beats a healthy body of another person who passed away, has consciously or unconsciously saved another one! And on this there is raining. Moreover it is not even a story recently, since the intervention took place in the morning of August 18. But today is the first day that I can sit an hour to write the first post. In resuscitation is not talked about either, and here in the room where they are now there you can almost never connect: (
what to say, this time there are so many things I want to talk, but also more profound and moving concerning my personal and unique experience of being literally "reborn" to those more technical and specific of all interventions and procedures they have undergone the experience of resuscitation, and not forgetting some things to read that I actually tried to write in near real time via Twitter (moliveri70) and back on Facebook .
I just decided that I will try to divide things into many small deliveries, many posts, so as to be able to arrange and organize them better.
easier to read ... ... and give rise to the expectation!
What a heart beats inside of me?
Today I write, I only know that this is a great body. They told me that time does not works so good! I have also said that some time they saw a heart extract (mine) so battered: verbatim the surgeon described it as thick and gelatinous. BLAH! Poor old heart, while I carried on for 39 years of my life.
There are two classes of transplant recipients: those who absolutely want to know everything about their donor, know the family, etc.. - You saw the movie 21 grams? I belong to the class opposite: I do not care about the provenance of my new heart. Does not interest me how old he was ... why? Would a 45 year old heart of sports and healthy, or a sedentary 33 year old and a smoker?
From what I understand, in relation to discharge there will still be some information about the implanted organ. All right, all that it says will hear officially, but will not ask for anything more. The important thing is that you have a healthy heart of a healthy person, age is reasonably similar to mine.
Reborn
Never ever thought I would feel how I feel now. I've dreamed of for so many months, especially in the last period lived away from home. But quite rightly they were only fantasies. The reality is that my heart has never been healthy since birth. It 's true that before the first failure-had in 2001 - I was not "consciously symptomatic, it is true that in my teens do not suffer from this deficiency heart, simply because I did not know what it means to have a perfect heart. Or maybe because the heart could still make me carry out the activities of a normal teenager. I did not feel "less" than the others, except when it came to running a race or effort details. I was always the last in any physical activity. I thought it was only because of some extra pounds on him.
As I wrote in other posts, the symptoms of heart disease worsened significantly since 2008. The year 2009 was very tense, nerve-wracking, tiring, obviously not just for me but for my family. I am silly, little by little all the entertainment possibilities, the desires and the forces to take new actions, new projects, holidays, etc.. Not to mention 2010, when I was practically locked up at home, ending the month of May at the famous Don Gnocchi I mentioned several times in this blog.
"born again" is just the concept accurate. I am a new person, inside the same body, with 39 years of memory-stored in the brain and partially transcribed on this blog. " Mauritius have a new battery that gives me an incredible charge, a desire to recover the year consumed, to do whatever I wanted to do and that it was impossible to do. The memories begin to blur in recent years, perhaps because subconsciously I'm trying to put them aside to soften.
not alter at all the beautiful emotions and experiences that I lived, however: to be raised in a happy family who loved me and I have never failed anything, to have met my wife, to have procreated with her my three children who are in absolute the most important and indispensable part of my life. From today I start a new life with them. Someone - the gentleman, providence, stubbornness, luck, surgeons, or maybe all the things together - I have given this second chance, and I am absolutely determined to use it better!
0 comments:
Post a Comment