(Part I available here )
The 18/08, the intervention
| |
| photo courtesy of hugged2death |
about 02 hours. It starts, transport to the operating room with the bed of the department. Arrival in the operating room. Admission to the operating room. A show! Modern, remember the usual spots that are seen in all films, plus a series of monitors. You know the series Dr. House when you see the operating room, he watches from above a closet with a huge glass wall, while turning his stick? That's it, but to me it seemed even more beautiful than this!
What makes you a little 'nervous, in addition to knowing that for at least 4 or 5 hours you will be absolutely irresponsible and at the mercy of doctors, is the parade of people who organize attacks you cable system "stuff" around, sterile fields, etc..
They put on the operating table naked, then you cover with a cloth, I think, and then you bring a blanket, remember that they called "the scaldotto" - because obviously is freezing cold in there.
After these initial details, I have very vague memories. I then began obviously to be taken by anxiety. I recall with pleasure that an anesthetist, a lady who was at the back of my head, stroked my face and I said, breathing deeply. Now we inject a drug that stuns you a bit 'but it'll relax ... a bomb! After five seconds, I felt "stoned" ... a feeling of peace and serenity - but also stoned - I do not remember that he never tried. I do not know if any drug is comparable to what we hear around - I do not even come close are in my life - but this is almost worth a try! I remember saying a few swear words and then he apologized, with the last glimmer of conscience I had left. Type "Holy shit that stuff you gave me, so now that they are stoned for good!" ... And maybe even a "sorry guys, I want-all-good-am-in-your-hand-me-do -what-you-want. "
End of first-person accounts because obviously I lost consciousness. Have been about 02.30 hours. So instead
by third parties (by the surgeons tell my wife) that the heart was explanted in (place unknown) had to be transported by helicopter to Niguarda but weather problems was taken by car, which came with a couple of hours late.
The intervention began at around 05 and ended at around 11.
In the next section, resuscitation. Since my awakening, my first memories from my early days and "corNovum.
0 comments:
Post a Comment