Cor novum aequalis new life? ... well, a new heart invariably leads to a new life? I returned home to fourteen days. During my months in hospital, especially in the period after the date of the transplant, I have promised and promised many things.
Exit transplant and you feel powerful. If you managed to survive the disease, intervention, and come out unscathed, or even "cured", you think you can, and at the same time have the right to do just about anything. Nothing is unattainable.
"will change jobs, I will only do things that I like, I unravel everything that does not satisfy me. I will clear to people. No obligations, no compromises. I start from scratch, I reset everything, because: cor novum = (aequalis) new life
... is almost obvious. I can do ... " Far from it. You're going home, and you realize that you have not been magically catapulted into a new life. You are always yourself." Same house, same job, same commitments .. . The time in hospital, "traveling" at a different speed. so long seemed to me five months away, how fast are passed in reality.
The neighbors, parents my children fill me with compliments, which also seem to appreciate it because I honest-
"six tornatooo, I find beneee, complimentiii ..." after which falls under the normal. Rightly so. The new life is not a vested right. Let's say your forced break and your physical condition are refurbished * * as an excuse to create a new one.
|
| normal life ... with the computer ... |
the field working, I thought I had sketched out projects to develop better in the last two months of this year, also the fact aprofittando that are currently off sick and therefore do not have to go to my old job. Now that I'm in the real world, however, seems anything but simple ...
|
| normal life ... family gathered in front of the tv ... |
With my wife we \u200b\u200bhad promised to take us as soon as a few days of total escape from our world: leave the kids at home with his grandmother and go somewhere alone to find ourselves. Impossible. It has been two weeks and if they have not even spoken. It 'hard to shake off activities daily. Among the limitations of the first month after transplantation (Food & Environmental Hygiene), per visit (every 15 days, twice in Milan) and other daily commitments (children, school, work, home, through arrears) is difficult to to organize even a weekend out of the newspaper.
|
| normal life ... in the kitchen ... |
And last but not least, I am also slightly embarrassing to you, my dear readers. I was convinced that with my new life I had enough material to keep your network (blogs, Twitter and Facebook). Yesterday I wrote in my FB profile:
"Maurizio Oliveri is considering what to do with his blog ... the return to normal life and relatively flat preclude the ability to write interesting things?" . The problem is that-is-sad to say but I have nothing more to tell. I do not have to tell my stories to the hospital (thank goodness!) But I'm not even doing anything so special that it deserves a few words on a blog, let alone your time to read. See, for me going to bring my children to school can be a great thrill, an important goal that I could reach, but as an asset in itself a father family action is absolutely normal and does not deserve comments and thoughts ...
|
| normal life ... children with clowns ... |
said all that, I do not want to imply that they are not absolutely satisfied with how things went. Hardly could have been better. The operation that I underwent gave me the opportunity to continue to live my life. I feel fairly (fairly good, and better day by day), I returned with my family and all of this I am eternally grateful .
|
| normal life ... with children returning from school ... |
But now that the problem has been fixed and are back to normal, I have to cope with the things that my original plan and do not know if I'll be able to do so. Perhaps all that courage, that strength of character that I have given does not exist. Probably it was only a spirit of survival and self-defense, which allowed me to survive the wait for the new heart, both physically and psychologically.
|
| normal life ... I get the kids to trick or treat "Halloween |
maybe I expect too much. I must be content with what I have-which is definitely not little. " On the other hand I always say to Sandra
"there is no perfect family" . There is no perfect husband, nor a perfect wife. There is no perfect place to live, work, do their own projects. Are we satisfied with the standards? What we can or should claim to our lives?
And as if these existential questions is not enough, how do I solve the problem of oily skin that I find myself to be when I take 15 milligrams per day of cortisone??
we will ponder some more, 'even as I watch the episode of X Factor tonight, lying in Latvia with my dear!
0 comments:
Post a Comment