Thursday, October 14, 2010

How Much Does The Average House Cost In Bahrain

Parallel Lives, the story of John and Maureen

to Me with Don Giovanni Gnocchi
In my blog, except for a few hints here and there, I have not yet talked about any person in my own terms, do not be fooled: there are many, too many ... I am in my career I have known several, each with their own situations, their problems, their stories to tell ...

But I will want to talk about a particular person: John Amato. John is my age (38 years) in Catania, who like me had been "parked" at the Don Gnocchi awaiting the arrival of a heart. Diseases similar but not identical (my dilated cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic his own) with different symptoms (I, still breathless and prone to the accumulation of fluid, he, with severe problems of tachycardia and fibrillation).

Maurice, Frank and John. All transplanted
John and I did not immediately linked. Indeed, for the first two weeks we were virtually ignored. We studied, such as when you cross two dogs sniff each one quickly, but then resumed his way ... Until one day thanks to Mary, his wife, we exchanged the first two words. From that moment it was easy, almost obvious, wire. Share experiences. Sharing fears. Sharing hope. John is a simple person, apparently a bit 'closed and shy, but full of genuine feelings. Together, day after day, we spent our stay at the Don Gnocchi, making power with each other. In my day 'no', optimism and comfort I received from him, in his days "no", offered him the my shoulder and gave me hope.

The thing that has donated more than that, is that from that moment we made a strikingly similar way: when I bring the Niguarda by Don Gnocchi (08/05/2010) John "inherited" my bedroom (he was in a double). I get the first alert for a heart (not successful) on 12/08.

From: Maurizio
A: John

Received: August 12, 2010 21:14
Hello dear yesterday with all the mess I have not written. At 15 they told me it was reporting good heart for me. I have prepared and 1:30 tonight I was told that unfortunately the heart had a problem (I got close to a miracle and this time I missed, but we are very optimistic.

From: John
A: Maurizio
Received: August 12, 2010 21:31
Too bad we hope that the next time lucky. These facts are not only negative, but serve to give us the position x to move forward we do understand that they are thinking of us, and as you say you become more optimistic. What a pity hello hello.
Relaxing moment

From: John
A: Maurizio
Received: August 15, 2010 20:20
Perhaps there is a chance of a heart, come get me, pray for me, hello


From: Maurizio
A: John
Received: August 15, 2010 20:25 Very
! I can not believe! Now I ask the nurse.


From: John
A: Maurizio
Received: August 16, 2010 6:50
Sucazzaminchi miseriazza by Huns and Misa, next time will be the right one. Hello in that room number six, I'm at 23, if we are in the same department I come to find.


John comes to see me in the room at the Niguarda, but in the afternoon is returned to the Don Gnocchi observation.

From: Maurizio
A: John
Received: 17 Aug 2010 15:16
Hello John, how's the morale? And the return to the Don Gnocchi everything ok? I'm now a bit 'better, I always messed up with the thirst for liquids (as opposed to hunger)!


John with me and my son Matthew
From: John
A: Maurizio
Received: August 17, 2010 16:14

Hello Maurizio, the Don Gnocchi I'm just better than the Niguarda xche 'I feel good but I had already mentioned it to you yesterday, I'm' slowly overcoming the blow now, subconsciously I think psychologically it happens today came the psychologist to see me and we talked a bit ', I found better, less depressed, perhaps as you say he does not understand a damn thing, I spent a strange night, I had bad dreams I felt tired and could not breathe, I did not understand if it was reality or not, this morning I feel good, hope it goes always the case. I'm glad you feel better, I'm sorry for thirst, I would prefer hunger. The Lord gave us these misfortunes xche 'we are stronger, more talented, more beautiful, more pleasant, for we are most appropriate, and we can overcome all this. A sucaminchiazza by miseriazza track slut Huns and Misa. Hello hello soon


He is called as "reserve" for a transplant on 15/08 (signaling not successful).

From: Maurizio
A: John
Received: August 17, 2010 16:36
Hello John! Beautiful your message, full of feelings, sincere and humorous. I'm glad to have known you even in this half that we share the tragedy. Please think about your family strong. We'll make it! You are GREAT respect you for your sincerity. I embrace you!



Big John playing with my son Matthew
On 17/08 I receive the second signal (the good one this time) and 18.8 days are transplanted. On the same day to 8.18 Giovanni was a difficult day, a series of ventricular fibrillation with the defibrillator in trouble, spending a few minutes nightmare-his story-the creeps, the more that nell'aldiquà afterlife. That day is transferred from Don Giovanni Gnocchi Niguarda, and when I look in the room hears that have been transplanted.

Day 26/08 return to the intensive care unit, and John comes to visit me. We are in different rooms but in the same department. At that moment, we are so close yet so far. I had made it. I had been transplanted. He does not yet ... I feel sorry for him. It was not possible that our fate, our paths, separated in this way. With my family we prayed for him. It deserved to resolve the situation!

day 9.1 comes the second recommendation for John, who is hospitalized in the room next to mine (36 read him, I read 35).

From: John
A: Maurizio
Received: September 1, 2010 17:06
They told me that maybe there's a heart for me


come and visit. I give comfort, give him loads. I tell him to hold on. I tell him I will the right time.

Mary, the wife of Juan Diego with my son
From: John
A: Maurizio
Received: 1 Sep 2010 23:18
Mauritius is perhaps the Once they're taking me right into the operating room fans for me and you're sure to win your friendship even though we've just attended one of the most important things, you know my house is your house so we will pay all the dumb and when we finish to the pirates to pay fora tabbiu Culu, I'm kidding you will pay yourself, you'll always be in my heart that I'm not in this change, but x x in both the house do not worry is mine. We feel, and above all we see and take you to eat horse meat, and of course I order you to pay, say hello to your wife hello.


At one-thirty in the morning I see him pass in his bed, destination operating room! John was planted exactly 14 days after me. The surgery went well. 8.9 The day falls in the resuscitation department. It 's a bit sore but doing well.

From: John
A: Maurizio
Received: September 8, 2010 16:46 am hello
Maurizio Catania a bit bigger than 'bruised but otherwise it would seem that this time we made it to 29 when we will have can come me. I thought so the effect of anesthesia plays these jokes I will hug you soon.


are discharged the day 9.9 and delivery for treason, where I go for my rehabilitation. The day was transferred to 9.16 Giovanni Tradate in the room next to mine. We are together until the day Tradate 06/10, because I come to resign and return to Niguarda urgency for a pericardiocentesis.

Now that I write to Niguarda and he is to betray. Probably when I will be discharged from Tradate in Genoa, or perhaps even a kind of shops. The next biopsies Niguarda not the same. Our paths seem to be divided at the moment. We promised to meet in Catania next year. Who knows what other tricks and coincidences give us life?

About John, before writing to him, happened to talk to him about this blog, my desire to write and tell my experience along this tortuous path.

He tells me that her period of "dark and difficult period of his illness he wants to remain just a memory, that only want to think about the future. Rather, it asks me to share with him and to publish in the net via my blog, a few lines, some thoughts directed to the location of donation and the extraordinary people who decide to become donors. He has already written a few lines, along with the review and complete it. The message that came out is the result of the near post. It is titled "Life is a wonderful gift." I mounted separately because I want a message that it remains accessible directly from a link , without mixing with other tales and stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment