Monday, July 19, 2010

Hair Volumiser With Cider Vinegar

Some ideas and tips on the use of Lasix (furosemide)

Lasix, that is, the more diuretic used by us bearers of heart failure.

As usual, there are hundreds of references in the network and its component Lasix, furosemide.

Personally I would recommend a site where I have always found information "official" on drugs. I think it's a digital version of so-called "Bugiardini" that are inside the boxes of medicines. The site is that of Doctor Torrino Studio. When you try to Google the name of a molecule or a trade name of a drug, it is amongst the first link.

In the specific case of Lasix, I leave you the direct link to the leaflet , again from the site of the medical Torrino.

Other reference almost always use (though I imagine that many doctors would not share with me the choice) is Wikipedia. If not in Italian, but at least in English, you will find extensive information on any medication.

In the specific case of Lasix: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furosemide for Italian, or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furosemide for the English version.

not easy to know exactly the mechanism that uses furosemide for us to lose fluids. I quote Wikipedia "The Furosemide, specifically, (...) is part of the category of diuretics, which exert their primary action on the stretch ascending limb of Henle of the nephron, where they inhibit the reabsorption of sodium, potassium and chlorine. As this segment of the nephron is responsible for the resorption (ie savings) to 30-40% of the sodium chloride filtered by the renal glomerulus, loop diuretics are most effective in allowing an absolute ceiling diuretic. "

With my words, hoping not to write too much" nonsense ", I can give this explanation more clear:
Diuretics act in an area of \u200b\u200bthe kidney called the loop of Henle, inhibiting the reabsorption of sodium chloride (salt) present in our liquid. This chemical phenomenon brings as a result of reduced osmotic fluids available, so they are reabsorbed into the blood to a lesser extent, causing a reduction in the volume of circulating blood.

Easier? furosemide acts in the kidney, reducing its ability to absorb liquids. All liquids that are not absorbed, are eliminated from the body as urine. More urine, less liquid in the body.

Assays
course the dosage depends on the type of illness they suffer, the sensitivity of the patient, and many other factors that suggest a table of doses would be very serious and responsible.

But I can at least talk about my personal experience.

I suffer from dilated cardiomyopathy, symptomatic and are more or less ten years. During this period the disease has progressed slowly but steadily. I went from milder NYHA class I-II to the current NYHA class III-IV where I am right now.

course over the years the dose of diuretics increased, mainly due to these causes:

  • growing need (increasingly) to remove the fluid, due to the reduced ability of the heart pump
  • tolerance to the drug (the first day that you take is certainly more effect on the body after 10 years)
I started with doses of 25 +25 (1 pill. 25 mg morning, 1 pill. 25 mg afternoon) and went on for a few years. Then I switched to 50 +25, and went on for another few years. Then I switched to 50 +50. When even this amount was insufficient, I arrived at the doses present: 125 +50 (125 mg corresponding to the 1 / 4 tablet of 500 mg). So, I tripled the dose in 10 years. Even when they are very congested (I am full of liquid, I have more difficulty respitare) add another 25 or 50 mg in the evening ...

An important consideration about the dosage is as follows: sure the drug has side effects that should always be evaluated and monitored closely (mainly hypokalemia, excessive or reduced levels of potassium in the blood, the possibility of kidney stones, and who knows how many others who do not know). But it remains the drug of choice for having always an almost immediate improvement in symptoms of dyspnea. When you feel suffocated, you can not breathe, and you are not in hospital, the smartest thing to do is take a couple of tablets of Lasix more.

Obviously I do not want and I can not generalize: for some patients this will not be allowed, perhaps to an excessive fall in blood pressure with risk of fainting, etc.. But in general I'm pretty convinced that the remedy is simple and quick to solve a problem of congestion Sver.

Another problem to consider is the ability to absorb part of the stomach and liver: the worse the congestion conditions of the patient, the worse will be the ability to absorb and process the drug. E 'can severely compromise a patient fails to benefit by a high dose of Lasix is \u200b\u200balso taken orally. At this point the only solution is intravenously, but for this you need a nurse or a doctor ...

Tips
Also on a personal level, not being able to give a scientific meaning to what I'm about to say, I over the years I put into practice some measures that improve the productivity of the drug (and thus the production of urine):
  • take the medicine on an empty stomach. This simplifies and speeds up the absorption.
  • remain in orthostatic position (lying down) for a couple of hours after taking the drug. In this position there is an increased venous return from the legs with greater availability of fluid in the kidneys.
There are two opposing theories on the distribution of doses: I personally think is better to take a dose bomb broken up into several stages (50 better on an empty stomach in the morning, that 25 morning and 25 afternoon). The first solution makes me a total urine output is greater than breaking into two doses. But on this point I suggest you check yourself which scheme offers the best benefits.

A typical layout is still used to a strong dose on an empty stomach (I put my alarm clock and take it one hour before getting up) and another dose lighter in the afternoon (around 16, after digestion) .

That said, I would like once more to give, I'm not a doctor and do not pretend to have the right solutions in hand. I am a patient who can cope well with their disease, so what I say is valid and head on my skin, but this does not give any warranty on another patient. The smartest thing you can do if you suffer from this disease and you have read my post, is to ask your doctor and see if my claims are valid, useful and above all apply to you.

Grade Comments, observations, criticisms, etc..
fully prepared to correct any incorrect statements, inaccurate, incomplete, etc..

strength and courage!


(the image was taken from Wikipedia at http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furosemide )

0 comments:

Post a Comment